Microsoft and 343 Industries reveal details of the Halo 4 special edition content and also details of two new game modes.
The game is set five years after the ending of Halo 3 and sees Master Chief facing an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe, starting a whole new story arc.
“Spartan Ops” mode is a brand new addition to the Halo franchise. This will be an episodic adventure that is updated weekly and will feature the UNSC Infinity (the largest starship in the UNSC fleet) and a new group of Spartans called the Majestic Squad. “Spartan Ops” will be playable in single-player or cooperatively (with up to three friends) and will feature objective-based missions where players will uncover the secrets of the mysterious Forerunner world.
“War Games” is the competitive multiplayer element of Halo 4 and will take place on the combat deck of the UNSC Infinity. Halo 4’s multiplayer will encouarge players to invest time and effort to create a Spartan that looks and plays the way they want. Players can earn and activate combat enhancements called “Specialisations” based on the style of play they engage in, from stealth to all-out assault, and everything in between.
In a virtual spewing forth of new info about the game the following has been announced about the special edition of the game in the official press release:
“Halo 4” Limited Edition
Available for £69.99 and releasing November 6th, the “Halo 4” Limited Edition includes:
· War Games Map Pack Access – The Limited Edition includes access to nine maps – three future competitive multiplayer map packs, each including three locations, available for download post-launch on Xbox LIVE.
· Specializations – Receive early access to six Specialisations, available at launch on Xbox LIVE, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career.
· The Limited Edition also contains the UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet, which includes an armour customisation schematic, a blueprint of the massive ship itself, and insight into what it means to be one of humanity’s finest warriors: the Spartan-IVs.
· Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
o Unique in-game Spartan-IV armour skin
o Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
o An exclusive in-game emblem
o Xbox LIVE Avatar prop
o Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan-IV armour set
· “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the “Halo” universe to life as you’ve never seen it, and provide an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of “Halo 4.”